Thursday 17 May 2012

The Little Mermaid.

Remember this film? Of course you do! I for one absolutely adore it, in fact Ariel is probably my favorite Disney lady. So, when I first noticed that mermaid style clothes are having a bit of a moment, I was a little too excited. Take for example Carey Mulligan at The Met Ball wearing her gold and silver Prada frock. The scale style texture of this dress is what made it stand out for me (that is a good thing by the way haha) and I'm in love with the mid length of this beauty as well.

Very mermaid-esque:


It seems The Met Ball goers really did embrace the sea spirit, take a look at Karolina Kurkova. The tightness of this dress with the dropped back is simply jaw dropping. Honestly I have a new style crush. May I just add that not many women can get away with wearing a sequin turban on the red carpet, but in her Rachel Zoe creation she pulls it off perfectly.


Then there was Lea Michele at The Golden Globes wearing a very revealing but totally gorgeous Marchesa fish tail dress. So extremely glamorous.


Finally Evan Rachel Wood in custom-designed Gucci at The Golden Globes (if only I had the money for custom-designed Gucci...) Once again a fish tail cut but this time with a green palette for full on mermaid sparkle.


Of course me being me, I instantly started looking for the high-street copies of this style. Here's a selection of the clothes I found:

ASOS:





Topshop (for day):

simplydresses.com:


I still can't get over how amazing Karolina Kurkova's dress is. Oh my goodness...

On a final note, if you wanted to get your hands on Carey Mulligan's stunner of a dress and have some (okay a lot) of money to spare, it's currently being auctioned on ebay! The highest bid at the moment is $2500, and 100% of the money goes to Oxfam once sold. Awh how lovely.

Thanks for reading guys, 
Bethany Paige  x

No comments:

Post a Comment