Monday 3 September 2012

Summer in review

As much as it pains me to say it, today is the last day of summer and tomorrow it’s back to school for me. None the less, this summer has been amazing and one I don’t think I’ll ever forget. There’s not been a day that I haven’t enjoyed in some way. After such an amazing 6 weeks it seems only right to re-visit the style side of things. This post is purely dedicated to looking at the clothes and styles I’ve loved and mentioned in other posts this summer.

3 pairs of new shoes:

 
 
On one of the first days of summer I bought these amazing gold heeled high tops. I just love them and have worn them so much it’s ridiculous. Next came the gold heel sandals bought for me by my lovely Dad as a treat. I wore these out to dinner twice and also just with shorts on a day-to-day basis. Finally my favourite ever shoes, the zebra print flatforms from River Island. They are just the most beautiful things on the planet!
 
6 pairs of up-cycled shorts:
 





 

Seeing all of these pictures together makes me realise how much time I've spent making diy jean shorts. I've loved doing this in my spare time this summer. I don't know if I could choose a favourite, but the pair that I've worn most is the velvet cross high waisted ones. The purple dip dyed shorts took the longest to make, I worked really late finishing them.

2 pairs of sunglasses:

 
The first pair of sunglasses pictured I've been lusting after all summer, but I know I'll never be able to afford them. I'll just keep on dreaming... The second pair I bought about mid-way through the holidays, and they've been great! They go with most outfits and work especially well when I pull my hair in to a high bun.
 
3 lovely outfits:

 
Ah my camo jacket, a summer staple of mine. I really loved how it looked with my pink velvet pencil skirt and Chelsea boots. The middle picture is my friend Kelsie, who wore one of my favourite outfits of all summer. I'm totally in love with her trousers! Plus I love the girl wearing them too. On the right is my extremely cheap, yet chic, outfit that I wore on one of the hottest days ever. The dress was thrifted, the bag from a boot fair and the shoes were Primark. What a bargain ensemble.
 
One plaid crush:

I will always remember this as the summer that I fell in love with 90s grunge, and especially in love with plaid fabrics.  I've got my hand on a plaid shirt recently, now I can't wait until I have enough money to buy a tartan dress. Obsession? Oh yes.
One pair of cat print lita boots:
 
I don't even think I need write anything much about these beauties, I mean just look at them!


Mix all of this together and you get 1 amazing summer. And this isn't even the half of it, so much has happened in the past 6 weeks that I can't even mention it all. Anyway, I hope you've all had a lovely summer too, and I hope that your time back at work/school/uni isn't too bad either.

Thanks for reading guys,
Bethany Paige X



2 comments:

  1. the kitty kat litas were on sale at office for £85 for all of about 5 minutes and I'm so so sad I missed them! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh really? I didn't even know ... That's so sad :( xx

      Delete