Wednesday 31 October 2012

Someone's touchy.

Just take a look at the Alexander McQueen A/W show and it will become rather apparent to you just how important texture is this season on the fashion scene. From the voluminous to the sleek, amazing fabrics and adornments were all over the catwalks. Everything goes, from feathers and metallic leather right through to some serious fringing.

Here’s my pick of texture this A/W:
 
Alexander McQueen:




The leader of the pack, Alexander McQueen, went all out with volume and texture to form a candy floss feel collection with ruffles, fur, feathers, pom poms and metallic silver belts.

Givenchy:




Over at Givenchy the focus was on fringing and in heavier fabrics that showcased the darker side of this trend.

Valentino:



 
Valentino showed how glamorous sheer and floaty fabrics can be whilst adding glitz through the use of silver and black sequins.
 
Mandy coon:
 



Mandy Coon used slick leathers, thin silks and flesh revealing pieces to create an uber modern and sleek collection.

Giambattista Valli:





Much like Alexander McQueen ruffles were a popular choice at Giambattista Valli. They were given a more sophisticated, grown-up image in deeper colours and with thicker folds.

I hope you've all had a suitably spooky day my lovelies! For my Halloween post click here.

Thanks for reading,
Bethany Paige X

All pictures from vogue.co.uk


6 comments:

  1. I really like your blog dear!
    Keep up with the good work!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely Love the first dress by valentino :)
    I would love a dress like that for my bday
    xx

    AMAZING !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just going through your latest posts and I like your taste with runway choices. Givenchy takes my breath away, it is fun yet weird and I like that. Thanks for visiting my blog and I will be following you shortly.

    Mysmallwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the Givench show purely because they're so out there xx

      Delete