Sunday 30 December 2012

Running into something unconventional

I'm not usually one for practicality. When it comes to clothes, although it is something I take in to consideration, if an outfit looks good and I like it, I'll wear it. So today when I woke up, I didn't consciously decide on wearing trainers due to the comfort and respite they would give my feet, I choose them because I think they're gorgeously unconventional. There's just something about them; they exude high fashion. The fact that I use them whilst out running, which happens rarely by the way, is irrelevant, because I think they work really well out of context. It's seemingly effortless.

I paired my running trainers with a black, midi pencil dress, an oversized blazer coat and simple sheer black tights. To complete the look I added silver accessories - my large clutch bag and hair cuff. The finished product was something slightly different from my normal look, that still encompassed my style, and everything that I love about clothes. I felt great in this, and isn't that what fashion is all about?

 

 
 


Dress - Select, coat - thrifted, bag - H&M, hair cuff - H&M, trainers - gift
 
All photography credit goes to Katherine Gray, who is so talented it's unreal! So, a big thank you to her.
 
Let me know what you think of today's outfit in the comments!
 
Thanks for reading,
Bethany Paige X

4 comments: