Saturday 8 December 2012

The Clothes Show live 2012

There’s nothing better for someone who loves fashion as I do, than being in a room full of people that love fashion just as much. This year’s Clothes Show Live was thriving with undeniable style and beautifully clad ladies, so provided the perfect opportunity to liaise amongst some of Britain’s most stylish for the day. Being a Clothes Show virgin prior to yesterday, I didn’t know what to expect, but it was better than I could ever have imagined.

Outfit of the day:

Leaving the almost sub-zero temperatures of Birmingham and entering the NEC was like stepping in to a completely different world, a heaven of sorts. As odd as it may sound to some, the whole building smelt of style. The smell of leather, musky furs and new shoes, mixed with the occasional waft of perfume and acrylic nails. Imagine that scent, if you can, and now imagine the addition of hundreds of stalls selling amazing products at prices that make your heart race with happiness. Feeling excited? Well I was.

Stalls included the likes of Oasis, Barry M, Helen E and Lee Stafford, as well as smaller boutiques with some stunning one off pieces. The prices were simply jaw dropping! Whilst I was there I bought a pair of Truffle Lita boots for £25. They’re a gorgeous soft black suede with the classic wooden heel, and although they aren’t real Jeffery Campbells, I still absolutely adore them.

I also ventured to the Helen E stand after getting some of their makeup brushes for Christmas last year. I just had to purchase the £10 gift set they had on huge discount down from £50. It contained an eye pencil, a wet look lip gloss, blemish concealer, a lip crayon in “beauty queen”, two emery boards, pink facial glitter, and my personal favourite – a skin smoother compact.
 
 
Being the magazine addict I openly am, I jumped at the chance to buy cut price Elle and Company. With two issues of Elle, for £3, also came £28 worth of free gifts. A St Tropez gradual tan moisturiser and a Jemma Kidd eyeliner. With Company, also £3, amongst perfume samples and coconut water, I got a gold shatter OPI nail lacquer and a Rimmel lipgloss in "Pop your Pink". Bargains, bargains and more bargains!
 
Obviously, the highlight of my day was the fashion theatre. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who's yet to go, but the show consisted of the perfect mix of dance and fashion, with the theme "a day in the life a magazine editor". Not only that but the hosts were Grace Woodward and Henry Holland! You may know if you're a regular reader, just how much I idolise Mr Holland. Seeing him in person made me so emotional, and I felt that I was fulfilling one of my life ambitions.
 
Our seats were also amazing, and we were in the perfect position to see the models float down the catwalk, in some simply delicious outfits. The whole production was oh-so-glamorous, and truly exciting. Daisy Lowe, ambassador of The Clothes Show, looked fabulous, and once again made me quite emotional. I really didn't want it to end. It was 40 minutes of completely sensational fashion.
 
 
Just before we left I got the chance to bag my self two pairs of House of Holland for Pretty Polly tights, meaning I now have 3 pairs. Again, they were a total bargain at just £10 for both. I decided, after much thought, to go for the Alphabetights and All over bones - tricolour. Not only that but the bone print pair are limited edition! I honestly can't wait for he opportunity to wear these.
 
 
 
My total spend was £50, which I'm sure you'll agree is impressive for all the amazing products I got. If you get the chance, I urge you to go to The Clothes Show Live next year, you will not regret it in any way. Who knows, maybe I'll see you there.
 
This has been a mammoth post, which is only right for such a mammoth event. A fashionably dressed mammoth that is. I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend.  
 
Thanks for reading,
Bethany Paige X

12 comments:

  1. Love your outfit!!! :) Super cute!

    Sounds amazing!!! I wish we had something like this (probably do I just don't know about it!) :/ haha

    xo - Brittany

    http://sorockerchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and it was totally amazing yes! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great event. I love the house of holland tights, would be great to see how you style them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic! and ohh, maybe I'll do an outfit post when I wear them then. Thanks xx

      Delete
  3. Hey you your shoes are pretty good.....Nice shoes...Where can i get those pair of shoes......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as it says in the post i got these at The Clothes Show Live, but I'm sure you could find some online x

      Delete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I too am a fan of House of Holland tights.;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore HOUSE OF HOLLAND stockings...
    XOXO
    Ashley from isoldmycookiecutter.com (soon to be found at ohholychic.net)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow sounds like fun! love the shoes, I got really similar ones from River Island :)

    http://my-big-eyes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! And awh I love them. Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete