Saturday 19 January 2013

So okay, you're probably going "Is this like a Noxema commercial, or what?"

If you follow me on Twitter or have met me in the flesh, it's entirely likely that you would've heard me quote the 1995 film Clueless at least once, probably several, times. It has to be one of my favourite films, and if you haven't figured out that one reason behind this is the absolutely killer style of some characters, you probably haven't seen it! If this is the case, I urge you to do so because honestly, I'm not sure we can be friends anymore otherwise.

Clueless epitomizes 90s fashion, looking at the melting pot of styles that was so common of the time- Everything from plaid shirts to skirt suits, and right through to white knee high socks. The style is woven into the film effortlessly, whilst Cher and Dionne's love of shopping highlights even further some of the wild fashion choices associated with the era that make it so amazing. After gawking at, and often trying to replicate, their outfits for so long, you can only imagine my excitement to find out that legendary fashion brand Wildfox have created a whole collection based on Clueless!  Not only a legendary brand, but a personal favourite brand of mine too. The whole lookbook is gorgeous and truly embraces the "whatever" 90s spirit, whilst still managing to drag the clothes into 2013 successfully.

I must give them snaps for their courageous fashion efforts:


"She could be a farmer in those clothes!"


"But seriously, I actually have a way normal life for a teenage girl. I get up, brush my teeth and pick out my school clothes"


"And the fact that you hang out with Dee and I, well..."
"Speaks very highly of you"


"Did I show you the loqued-out jeep Daddy got me? It's got four wheel drive, dual side airbags and a monster sound system" 


"Been shopping with Dr Suess?"


"Cher's main thrill in life is a makeover"


"Murray's geometry class is right by Elton's locker, and taped up inside was the picture you took of Tai"


"And my buns:they don't feel nothin' like steel"


"Dude, what's wrong? You suffering from buyer's remorse or something?"


"Isn't my house classic? The columns date all the way back to 1972!"

If like me you love clueless and the Wildfox collection, you might enjoy reading some of my other posts on 90s fashion like this one.

What do you think of the lookbook?

Thanks for reading, 
Bethany Paige X

4 comments:

  1. Love it as I stated on my blog haha Wildfox is the best :)

    xo - B

    http://www.studdedandstylish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh awesome you did a post about it too? I'll check it out ! X

      Delete
  2. Love this photo shoot, being a child of the 90's i've always had a bad memory of the clothing, but this collection has made it look so good, i love it especially all the printed tees! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I can understand that! Yeah the printed tees are amazing, great in summer I think x

      Delete