Wednesday 30 January 2013

Topshop excitement

"Keep calm Bethany, keep calm." That's a sentence I've had to repeat numerous times to myself today after finding out that Topshop have released their S/S 2013 lookbook. For me this is one of the best moments in the fashion calendar because, as you all know, Topshop is probably my favourite high-street shop. Looking through the absolutely stunning collection made me realize just how many wishlist posts I'm going to be making this spring! As far as I can tell the lookbook was split loosely into 3 categories: Quirky and girly, print overload and sport luxe. 

Quirky and girly:





Pastel colours, cute socks and delicately textured fabrics - absolutely adorable! I love the girly feel of these outfits and completely admire Topshop's ability to create jaw dropping accessories (let me point you in the direction of those flame socks in picture three) that bring a bit of edge to the clothes. 

Print overload:




The bright coloured clashing patterns of these outfits are certainly not for the faint hearted but they're totally gorgeous. I adore the use of layering. This kind of look is amazing for the warmth of summer as with all those floral prints you'll look like you're part of a tropical paradise! I have my eye on that yellow skirt in the last picture.

Sports luxe:




Metallics and mesh have to be two of my favourite fabrics. Enter Topshop. The sporty feel of these outfits really appeals to me, and I'm loving the gold and silver sandals (picture 1 and 3). These clothes are slightly relaxed but still have those luxurious touches that make them oh-so-stylish. 

Which is your favourite look?

Thanks for reading, 
Bethany Paige X

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment girl!

    Just had a browse through your blog! LOVE!

    Love the pictures of the print wear- I'm in looove with print!

    Followed you XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first and third lot of pictures look a lot like SS 2012's lookbook as I own the metallic silver mac and was obsessed with the grey oragami style organza dress that never showed up online. The swan print cutout bralette is also strikingly familiar. Not that it really matters, I'm a fan of your comments anyway, but I think your pics are from last year's SS lookbook x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, without your comment I probably wouldn't have even realized until a good few weeks later haha! x

      Delete