Saturday 29 June 2013

OOTD: A taste of the future

It's odd to think about the fact that within the next few months my life will have completely changed. I will be leaving behind my path for the past five years which ultimately lead to GCSEs, and will begin my trek in the direction of A-Levels in year 12. Even more so, it's strange to contemplate a school life in which some of my closest friends may not be. Many of those who I've grown to love are likely to be heading off to new schools, leaving a space where their beautiful personalities used to be.

As sad and scary as the thought of the future may be, I possess an overwhelming feeling of optimism. The prospect of doing subjects that I absolutely love - English Lit, English Language, History and RE - makes me more than excited to move on in the world of school.

Something that seemed to even further fuel my sanguine expectations was taking part in my 6th form experience day. I got the opportunity to have taster lessons of the options I'm taking and also had the chance to meet some of those who I will be spending the next 2 years with. Just as I hoped, the teachers were successful in provoking enthusiasm within me and made me want to soak up literature and historical dates and prominent social events and religious philosophy instantly. The whole day meant that I'm now capable of seeing beyond the lengthy summer holidays without an underlying sense of worry. In fact, I can stare forward with a smile on my face.

As though the idea of no longer having to do subjects which have stirred hatred within me for the past few years (maths and chemistry mainly) isn't enough, I also get to say goodbye to wearing a school uniform. Since we were essentially taking on the role of sixth formers for the day we of course got to wear our own clothes. A perfect OOTD opportunity, I'm sure you'll agree!


Dress- Charity shop, Denim shirt - Charity shop, Trainers - Topshop, 
Glasses - gift, Necklace - H&M









Are any of you heading off to sixth form or college in the next academic year?

Bethany Paige X

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your studies :) it's gonna be an exciting change!
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to college in September, I'm excited to be able to wear my own clothes for the first time!

    By the way I just nominated you for the versatile blogger award! You can check it out here if you like ~ http://emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/versatile-blogger-award.html ^^ x

    ReplyDelete