Tuesday 8 October 2013

Céline's "it" boot

Minimalist, round edges in softly structured fabrics: A summary that I think aptly describes Céline's AW13 collection - a personal favourite of mine for this season - and also a theme that ran throughout each outfit. From the luxe mohair knits to the slightly awkward in length skirts and all the way down to those boots, the simple yet undeniably beautiful collection captivated the style world.

By "those boots", I mean those that set fashionable hearts all aflutter with desire. The seemingly basic ankle boots with unbelievable outfit potential, the elements of which merge effortlessly together. Almond toe caps, block heals and soft leather in gray or black formed possibly the most coveted shoe of the season. Pure, unadulterated, perfection.

At least, it would be pure, unadulterated, perfection, if it wasn't for that ugly thing hanging off them. Oh, what's it called? That's right, a price tag. In this case, a rather painful £810 price tag.



It took me a while to come to terms with the fact I'm unlikely to ever have my very own pair of Céline AW13 boots. I went into denial, imagining that in some way I would happen to come across a spare £800 under my bed. Then came the anger, which involved the decapitation of many a Céline model (photographs of course). And finally, acceptance. The realisation that, Beth, it's just not going to happen. With my eventual acceptance of this fact, came a decision to begin a hunt for a pair of boots that could be bought on the budget of us normal folk. You're welcome.


Topshop £88


Topshop £95 


Zara £79.99


Zara £89.99


Zara £89.99

Not exactly Céline, but still pretty beautiful! 
Bethany Paige X 

No comments:

Post a Comment