Friday 18 April 2014

Rainbow hair don't care

It seems to like to be a fashion blogger you need colourful hair. Seriously, I think it's a rule written in the holy book of blogging reserved for only those with over 10,000 followers! Problem is I'm a wuss. I have issues cutting my hair, let alone dying it several colours of the rainbow without a second thought. Plus, I'm so indecisive that I change outfit at least four times before a night out, and you can't exactly do that with hair especially once you've bleached it and made it reminiscent of candy floss.

Fortunately for me, I have a mother that understands such a dilemma and for Christmas 2013 she bought me a pack of hair chalks. Et Voila, colourful hair without the commitment! 


I finally got around to testing them out on Monday and they are so much fun! Obviously they don't give results like you've just used Bleach London products - up close you can see that it is, well, chalky - but I don't think that's the point. They aren't meant to be super professional, they're made to facilitate creativity. So I went for it. When you can wash it out the next day, why not go for half pink, half blue hair? I felt kind of like a Tumblr picture photoshopped into my history revision session at school with my mermaid hair.

As much as I was in love with it for the couple of days that it lasted, by the time it came to washing my hair properly I wasn't exactly despairing at the thought of going back to normal. As I said - I'm indecisive.

Bethany Paige X

2 comments:

  1. I like the look but the texture of chalk seeeriously freaks me out! Agreed though, I've always fancied giving pastel hair a go but I don't bleach my hair so I reckon it'd be a pain in the ass to fade out! xxx

    http://blog.doodleheart.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great and I think its awesome if you don't want it permanent xxx

    ReplyDelete